Inguinal canal is an oblique muscular passage in the lower part of the anterior abdominal wall.
Moreover through the inguinal canal passes the Spermatic cord in males.
And likewise Round ligament of uterus in females.
LENGTH AND DIRECTION OF INGUINAL CANAL:
- Length: 4cm
- Direction: Directed downwards,Forwards and moreover medially.
- To clarify, the inguinal canal extends from Deep inguinal ring to Superficial inguinal ring.
|DEEP INGUINAL RING
|SUPERFICIAL INGUINAL RING
|Opening is oval in shape.
|Opening is triangular in shape.
|Situated in the Fascia transversalis.
|Situated in the External oblique aponeurosis.
|Located half an inch above the midinguinal point.
|Located above and lateral to the pubic crest.
- Moreover the opening of the Superfcial inguinal ring is triangular in shape.
- In short the superficial inguinal ring is shaped like an Obtuse triangle.
- In addition superficial inguinal ring is 2.5cm long and 1.2 cm broad at the base.
- And therefore the opening is bounded by two margins and one base.They are,
- In short, upper and lower margins are referred to as Crura.
- Moreover,these margins beyond the apex of the Superficial inguinal ring are united by the intercrural fibres.
b) superficial Fascia
c) In addition to that External oblique Aponeurosis also.
a) Internal oblique abdominis muscle.
- Fascia transversalis.
- Extraperitoneal connective tissue.
- Moreover Parietal peritoneum also.
- Conjoint tendon.
- In addition to that, at its medial end by reflected part of inguinal ligament.
- Formed by arched fibres of Transversus abdominis and moreover by Internal oblique abdominis.
- Grooved upper surface of Inguinal ligament.
- In addition to that the medial end of the floor is formed by Lacunar ligament.